Messageboard.NoTubes.com

NoTubes Messageboard

CX tire- Challenge Grifo clincher (and others)

Sealant, Tires, Rim Strips, Tech, Questions and Tips

Moderators: NoTubesBob, NoTubes_Mike, NoTubes_Pete

CX tire- Challenge Grifo clincher (and others)

Postby jm1 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:06 pm

Anyone tried with stans rim? I'm tempted because I hear lots of good things about it. Just don't want to grab a set if they won't work with tubeless.
Other than that, of the successful tubeless CX setups that you've had, what has been your favorite all around tire?
jm1

Postby JV » Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:39 am

The Grifo clincher is a fabric sort of surface on the inside of the tire, not "rubberized" like most clinchers. So my guess would be it won't work. Besides, if you want Grifo tread and low pressure, just run the tubular. Lighter setup that way too with light tubular rims.
JV

Postby jmkimmel » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:20 pm

Sorry to dig up a real old thread, but I have the exact same question: anyone have experience with sealing up a cotton-casing cross tire? Does the regular sealant work?
jmkimmel

Postby NoTubes_Pete » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:24 pm

No one has used it before to my knowledge. It might work. The sealant would build up a coating on the cloth. But there could be problems with air getting between the layers.
NoTubes_Pete
Site Admin

Re: CX tire- Challenge Grifo clincher (and others)

Postby jsonduck » Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:32 pm

Challenge do a new Grifo Pro nylon side wall 60 TPI which i got to work first time on a Campag Kamsims used a co2 inflater as i dont have a compressor think that they have deep channels, dropped one cup full of sealant, currently using 40psi seem ok may try to go lower as do not want them to stretch have redden them into a wooden obstacle grounded the rim no burp so i guess their ok. so the long and short, if you use the cheeper Pros then they will work with ease, buy the way this is my first crack at tubeless conversions seems to be pretty easy?
jsonduck

Return to General Support